The Essential Community Support (ECS) Program is available for individuals who are not eligible for nursing facility services, long-term care waiver services, or for Alternative Care (AC) services. Each individual may also qualify for up to $424 each month for essential services and support.
Who are eligible for ECS?
There are two groups of individuals who may be eligible for ECS:
ECS for Seniors
The first group includes individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- Are age 65 or older;
- Are not eligible for Medical Assistance (MA);
- Are not eligible for Nursing Facility Services;
- Can meet the Alternative Care financial eligibility criteria;
- Can benefit from one or more of the ECS services;
- Live in their own residence or apartment
ECS for People in Transition
The second group includes individuals who:
- Are age 21 or older;
- Are not eligible for Community First Services and Supports (CFSS), Personal Care Attendant (PCA) services, or state plan (MA);
- Can benefit from an ECS service;
- Lost their MA eligibility for services due to the reassessment and changes in the Nursing Facility Level of Care (NF LOC) Criteria last 2015;
- No longer eligible for the Nursing Facility Level of Care (NF LOC) criteria;
- Were receiving Brain Injury (BI) Waiver, Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) Waiver, Elderly Waiver (EW), or nursing facility services
What services are included in ECS?
Individuals who qualify for the ECS Program may receive one or more of the following services:
- Adult day service
- Caregiver training and education
- Case Management/Service Coordination
- Chore Services
- Community Living Assistance (CLA)
- Home-delivered meals
- Homemaker Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
For assistance regarding ECS Application, please don’t hesitate to contact Home Healthcare Agency today. You may reach us at 866-511-6623 or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.