Community Living Assistance (CLA) are services designed to provide assistance or support that enables an individual to maintain their community living, including their employment.
Who are eligible for CLA Services?
- To be eligible for CLA Services, an individual must have a confirmed and assessed need for CLA assistance.
- CLA Providers will verify program eligibility for every interested recipient. This verification is done by phone through the Eligibility Verification System (EVS) or through MN–ITS. A confirmation failure can result in non-payment for services rendered.
- Before providing services, CLA Providers must use the MN–ITS Eligibility Request (270/271) to review information for each recipient’s:
- Enrollment with a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- MA eligibility
- Medicare Coverage
- MA spend down
- Other insurance (third party liability, private insurance coverage)
- Waiver eligibility
What services are included in the CLA Program?
Services are designed to help and support recipients in these areas:
- Household tasks such as, but not limited to:
- Applying for and maintaining benefits
- Appointment management
- Money management and budgeting
- Reading and responding to mails
- Technology assistance and support
- Living and social skills such as, but not limited to:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, eating, dressing, grooming, toileting, and etc.
- Accessing community resources (e.g. housing, employment, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication
- Socialization with friends and family
- Health maintenance such as, but not limited to:
- Assistance with medication refills
- Coordinating with recipient’s health case manager
- Medication reminders
- Overall patient observation and monitoring
What services are NOT covered in the CLA Program?
For reference, here are the services which are not covered by the CLA Program:
- Community settings normally used by the public
- In the recipient’s residence or workplace
- Over the phone when the recipient simply needs problem-solving assistance
To get started, please contact Home Healthcare Agency at your convenience. You may reach us by calling 866-511-6623 or by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also answer any further inquiries that you might have regarding this program.