Home Care Nursing (HCN) Services are nursing services ordered by a physician, for a recipient whose illness, injury, physical or mental condition requires more individual and continuous care by a Registered (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) than can be provided in a single or twice daily skilled nurse visit and requires greater skill than a Home Health Aide (HHA) or Personal Care Assistant (PCA) can provide.
- Are for recipients who need more individual and continuous skilled nursing care than provided in a skilled nurse visit
- Are for care outside the scope of services provided by a Home Health Aide/PCA
- Are provided under a plan of care or service plan approved by the physician
- Specify the level of care the nurse is qualified to provide
- Are ordered by the recipient’s physician
- May be used outside of the recipient’s home during hours when normal life activities take them outside of their home
- Must be provided by an RN or LPN
- May be provided by an RN or LPN with a hardship waiver who is one of the following: parent of a minor child, spouse of the recipient, legal guardian or conservator, or family foster parent of a minor child.
Home Healthcare Agency offers in-home private duty nursing services to assist seniors, adults, and children with complex medical needs. You will get the necessary assistance and hands-on care needed to maintain a safe, independent, and enjoyable lifestyle at home. We provide a full spectrum of care, meaning that as a patient’s medical needs change, services can change with them, making Home Healthcare Agency an ideal partner in providing quality care for those who need it most.
Specialty’s private duty services include, but are not limited to:
- N-G tubes
- Peg tubes
- Medication Administration
- IVs and ADLs
- Performing personal care (bathing, grooming, etc.)
- Assisting with mobility
- Providing transfer assistance
- Preparing meals and feeding
- Controlling infections
- Preventing falls
- Assisting with ambulation
- Monitoring vital signs
- Measuring height and weight
- Preventing pressuring ulcers
- Performing dressing changes
- Skilled nursing services
- Medication management
- Ventilator management
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Orthopedic disorders
- Diabetes management
- Tracheotomy care
- Palliative care
- Wound care
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Genetic disorders
* Cannot escort clients to the hospital or doctor’s appointment
Home Healthcare Agency specializes in healthcare for individuals in long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, and private residences. Our high skilled team of RNs, LPNs and other medical professionals will provide immediate and effective nursing care that is designed to meet the patient’s specific needs. Our team of professionals will work with patients and their families to set and reach the physical, mental, and emotional goals that provide the foundation for an independent life.
Class A Professional Home Care Agency
This provider is licensed as a “Class A Professional Home Care Agency” by the Minnesota Department of Health.
A license is issued to a business with staff qualified to perform higher level nursing care in a person’s home, a residential center or at housing with services established. Examples of services offered can include injections, catheterizations, pain management, dementia care, and bandage changes to treat sores or infections. Health care is provided by or under the supervision of qualified nursing staff. Home health aide activities can also be performed. Home health aide tasks can include giving out medicine under strict rules and supervision, feeding assistance, help with going to the bathroom, bathing, or the preparation special diets. Examples of special food preparation might be the diets for the sick, people with weight problems, or diabetic individuals.
Home management activities like housekeeping, normal meal preparation, and shopping for clients can also be provided using this license.
Class A Professional Home Care Agencies are subject to periodic inspection for regulatory compliance by the Department of Health. Some Class A agencies are Medicare certified and provide skilled nursing care to individuals who are covered by Medicare.
Our agency will help you identify what your needs and goals are, to help create a package of services that meets those needs.
Professional home care agencies may provide all home care services including skilled nursing, various therapies, nutritional services, medical social services, and home management activities.
For more information on private duty services available in your area, contact us.