REPORTS TO: CFO
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring Agency compliance with all aspects and levels of Federal, State and local laws, regulations, and standards. Compiles payroll data to maintain payroll records by personally following the specified duties.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills required; ability to utilize basic computer software integral to agency operations after the initial training period.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, should have the ability to work in a stressful environment. To effectively deal with stress may be expected.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment’s characteristics described here are representatives of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with a disability to the work environment is critical. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
Prepares, maintains, develops, and updates essential payroll record and other historical and forecasting financial reports as directed by the Administrator and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Assists in the preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies as directed by the Administrator and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, visit slips, paid time off requests, expense reports, and mileage reports from time records and other documents. Coordinates with Supervisor/CFO when required.
Calculates all mileage for those employees paid for mileage and all hours for hourly personnel.
- Prepares computer input forms, corrects data into computer files, and/or computes wages and deductions, and posts to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure the accuracy of payroll.
- Prepares payroll reports for preparation of payroll and after payroll is completed, forwards reports to appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for filing and placing all documents in personnel files and contacting employees to maintain timeliness of submitting documents. Reports staff with consistently delinquent documents and expired license to Administrator/Supervisor.
- Maintains all medical information, wage slips, and 1-9 form in separate files.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Follows and assists in establishing organization-wide programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws, regulations, and standards that affect Human Resources and Payroll.
- Assists in maintaining an effective system for interviewing, hiring, disciplining, and terminating the employment of personnel in all classifications.
- Maintains all employment documentation records, logs, etc. in a neat, orderly, and updated manner while observing confidentiality.
- Coordinates Benefits Program.
- Participates in the development of job classifications and job descriptions along with the Supervisor and Administrator.
- Educates staff on employee rights and all new and updated Human Resources/Payroll policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as required and assigned.