Home Healthcare Agency
$45,000-$50,000 a year
The qualified professional develops the care plan, using the assessment as a foundation. The QP trains, evaluates and oversees the individual personal care assistants. Only certain professionals can be QPs. QPs must pass a background study and complete training before enrolling as a Minnesota Health Care Programs provider.
Qualified professional (QP): A professional providing training, supervision and evaluation of personal care assistance services and staff. A QP must be one of the following:
- * Registered nurse as defined in Minn. Stat. §148.171 to 148.285
- * Licensed social worker as defined in Minn. Stat. §148E.010and Minn. Stat. §148E.055
- * Mental health professional as defined in Minn. Stat. §245.462, subd.18, or Minn. Stat. §245.4871, subd. 27
- * Qualified developmental disabilities specialist Minn. Stat. §245D.081, Subd 2(b).
A QP must meet the following requirements:
- * Above definition of QP
- * Clear a criminal background study before providing services
- * Work for a PCA provider agency
- * Complete required training within six months of hire
A QP must complete required training within six months of hire. The QP must repeat the required qualified professional training when switching PCA provider agencies more than 3 years after completing required training.
QPs employed by a Medicare-certified home health agency that is also a PCA provider agency are exempted from the training requirement.
- QP services may only be delivered within the qualified professional’s professional scope of practice. The QP must be a registered nurse when the PCA is completing health-related tasks for the person or when the person is dependent on a ventilator.
- The PCA provider agency is responsible to verify, document and assure continued maintenance of the requirements of the QPs who work for the agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000 / year
- Roseville, MN
- Albert Lea, MN
- Austin, MN
- Worthington, MN
- Marshall, MN
- St Cloud, MN
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Qualified Professional: 3 years
Required language: Bilingual
Required license or certification: RN/LCSW/MHP/QDDS