JOB TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE
REPORT TO: ADMINISTRATOR / SUPERVISOR
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care services through coordination,
implementation, and supervision of the patients.
The Registered Nurses follow the POC and supervise the staff delivering care.
The Registered Nurse participates in quality improvement activities within the
agency, promoting overall compliance with State and Federal guidelines and professional standards of
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a public health, home health care, or hospital background
- Must have at least one-year clinical experience
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most persons.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patient’s place of residence.
- Must be able to stoop and bend; must be able to lift and transfer patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to members of the patient care team through case management of patient home health episode of health care. Case management of patient services includes:
- Intake and coordination of a referral form an acceptable referral source.
- Initial in-home evaluations and/or assessment.
- Establish the patient’s individualized treatment and client record baseline.
- Collaborate with other agency staff and contract services to coordinate and implement the POC.
- Supervise the implementation of the POC and the quality of care delivered to the patient.
- Provide in-home supervision of Home Health Aide Services at least every 14 days for patient receiving aide services and documents the visit in the client record.
- Provide supervision of LVN’s/LPN’s, and workers assigned to patient caseload through directing the implementation and evaluating the effectiveness of the nursing care and patient’s plan of care.
- Provides client and staff supervision 24 hours a day when assigned on-call.
- Collaborating with leadership/management team and office staff to facilitate timely office processing of paperwork and personnel information.
- Actively participates in agency quality improvement activities.
- Promotes the agency and services to the public and participates in physician and community education related to services provided by the agency as registered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains responsibility to develop professional self-attended seminars and identify self-learning needs; collaborates with agency leaders in meeting learning needs.
If interested, please complete our online application, attaching a cover letter and references.